So, you’re thinking about having a session done? Your next question may be how to prepare for your boudoir session. It’s a great idea to start thinking about what you want to wear in advance of your shoot. Feel free to ask for suggestions, I’m happy to help!
If you’re feeling nervous at all, try to calm those fears! Nerves are totally normal and mostly disappear by the time we get a few minutes into your session. However, even if you are nervous I can ensure that you will have an amazing experience. 😊 I feel confident telling you that because I’ve told dozens of clients the same thing.
We’ll take care of you from: hair and makeup, a second opinion on what you should wear and posing you so meticulously that I’ll even tell you how to breathe. Since we do all the hard work, you just get to ENJOY; these sessions are so simple, full of laughter and excitement!
In the days leading up to your shoot, make sure to get PLENTY OF REST!! Drink lots of water. Treat your body with kindness. Make sure to eat a good meal and STRETCH before your session, posing is HARD WORK! After your session I always encourage my clients to schedule a night out with their gal pals or your significant other. Why? You’re going to look and feel AMAZING after your session and it’s a shame to just head right home and take it all off!
My best tips on how to prepare for your boudoir session:
- If you wax, do so ASAP to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly; remove all tags and labels.
- Steam or iron your items and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to the studio.
- Begin to use lotion regularly or more frequently.
- If you’re going to colour your hair, get your nails done, wax, or have a facial, I recommend doing this 3-5 days prior to your session.
- Arrive for your session with no bra and loose-fitting underwear, if possible. This helps to avoid those mean red lines on your skin once you change into your first outfit.
- Bring the stuff you want to wear, if you’d like to utilize our client closet, please bring a nude or black panty or thong to wear underneath!
- Bring at least 1 set of white or black, can go with anything bra and undies.
- Remember jewelry, accessories and shoes!
- Increase you water intake. Try to drink extra water all the way leading up to your shoot, it is AMAZING for your skin!
- Stay out of the sun, or wear lots of sunscreen (Please DO NOT spray tan! You WILL look orange in your photos and avoid self-tanner as it can create a mess and stain my set which is no fun for anybody!)
- Groom your eyebrows, if needed.
- Make plans to shape and buff your nails, or set an appointment get a manicure. (less than $5 at a drug store to buy a file and buffer)
- Start STRETCHING before bed! I’m going to put you in bendy poses, and they’re easier to achieve if you’re properly stretched!
- Don’t be shy to ask for certain poses or nudes! I’m happy to get any shots you want!
BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A COMMENT